Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Lisa Taylor is a board certified plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. She has been practicing plastic surgery in Oklahoma City over the last 20 years. Dr. Taylor is an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the prestigious American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. She also is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.).
Dr. Taylor returned home after completing her Plastic Surgery Residency at the University of California San Francisco. Prior to her plastic surgery residency, she completed a six year general surgery residency at the University of Oklahoma, including one year in research with the National Institute of Health.
While still in training in Plastic Surgery, Dr. Taylor passed her written and oral exams to be certified by the American Board of Surgery in 1997.
She is in a very exclusive group of plastic surgeons that is double boarded in Plastic Surgery and General Surgery.
Experience & Background
Dr. Taylor graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Oklahoma with a Bachelor of Arts in Letters where she was a member of Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society and vice president of Kappa Kappa Gamma. She received her degree of Doctor of Medicine at the University of Oklahoma in 1990.
Since deciding to become a plastic surgeon in 1982, her freshman year in college, Dr. Taylor has completed an additional twelve years of training after her four year undergraduate studies. Sixteen years of diligent and rigorous education in order to achieve her life ambition. She continues to study in the pursuit of excellence in plastic surgery since completing her residency in plastic surgery at the University of California San Francisco.
Dr. Taylor and her team are here to guide you through your transformation with the utmost kindness, compassion, judgement, and skill. We understand how physical improvements, even small touch ups, can raise your self-esteem. If you think you are ready to take the next steps to uncover a fresher more sassier you, we are here to help you every step of the way!
Certified members of the American Board of Plastic Surgery have had extensive surgical training and are required to pass all encompassing written and oral exams in plastic surgery, which includes critique of cases performed in the first year of practice after passing written qualifying examinations in plastic surgery. This includes written documented case logs, before and after photos on all patients, billing practices and ethical standards.
Dr. Taylor encourages patients to seek cosmetic or reconstructive surgery advice from a certified member of the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- The American Board of Plastic Surgery – 1999
- The American Board of Surgery – 1997
- Medical Board of Oklahoma, Physician and Surgeon Certification – 1991
- 1996-1998 Fellowship, Plastic Surgery, University of California San Francisco
- 1993-1996 Residency, Department of Surgery, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 1992-1993 National Institute of Health Postdoctoral Fellow, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 1990-1992 Residence, Department of Surgery, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 1986-1990 Doctor of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 1982-1986 Bachelor of Arts in Letters, University of Oklahoma – Norman, Oklahoma
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- The American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Oklahoma City Clinical Society
- Oklahoma County Medical Society
- Oklahoma State Medical Association
- University of Oklahoma Clinical Society